Monday, April 30, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!

Today is my cutest little sisters birthday! I can't believe she is already 15 years old. I still remember being in first grade asking my mom to let me take her to show-n-tell. Ever since she has been my built in best friend. We did everything together. I was the cool older sister that would turn all the chores into games. We'd play everything from fear factor to the Olympics. (It always insured I would get an extra set of hands for my chores.)
We'd spend all day on Sunday playing Nancy Drew and eating chips with BBQ sauce. Every family trip we took, we were the backseat buddies. We used to do science experiments and try frying different foods. maraschino cherries are NOT a smart idea for your information. I think some of my most vivid memories are of us and the bathtub. The day I was taking a bath with you and I was soaping you up then started tickling you. You threw your head back then smacked it so hard on the faucet. You started crying your two year old eyes out and I was trying to calm you down. I remember Bubby walking in and screaming at me that you were bleeding. I was so scared I killed you. I am so happy you survived that terrifying day. Then the day when you were in the tub and I threw cold water over the curtain on you a couple times, and afterwards when I was leaning over the tub washing my hair you came over and started smacking my butt. Then I yell, "I only threw water on you TWICE! Stop spanking me!" You being the sassy pants you are smartly reply, "OH PRESSURE PLEASE!" I remember teaching you what pressure really meant, and always using that as my comeback. I remember taking you on walks in your stroller and putting you at the top of a steep driveway then letting you go. It usually was a fun ride for you until you hit a rock at the bottom and your stroller tipped over. I ran down that hill as quickly as my little legs could go and hoped you were still alive. I remember cleaning the BLM and dropping you when you were just less than a year old and hurrying and picking you back up and telling you I was so sorry. I hoped that I wouldn't get caught (never did). Speaking of the BLM, we would always team up and race Bub with the garbage's. I remember the day someone threw away hundreds of little markers, and we took that garbage bag and hid it in the car because we wanted all of them. I remember the day I taped the tip of your nose to your forehead so that you would have a pig nose all day long, then after we took the tape off your nose stayed there.

Isn't she just soo cool?

As mean as I was to you I now realize we had some of the best times. Like sitting in bed with the window open, looking up at the stars like we were sleeping outside and talking as long as possible. I remember when you got hurt on the teeter-totter and I would wake up in the middle of the night to feed you apple sauce. I would even mix in a little sugar (just the way you liked it) and hold a wash cloth over your cut so it wouldn't sting.

I love you very much Kimber and I hope you have an amazing 15th birthday! :)

She saved me from this awful date :) YOURE THE BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment