Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Wedding... Stress... & MORE STRESS!

It is LESS than two days until I am not longer just plain Morgan with no middle name Johnson! How crazy is that!? I can't believe how fast time has flown right by. And can I just say to all the people who make wedding planning look fun... it IS not! So many decisions... So many things that don't work out... By now I am so used to disappointment. My wedding I had planned out on pinterest and in my head are not even CLOSE to the same as they are now. Suprisingly I like the way this one is working out way better. Yes it did take some time, many tears, and talking into to be okay with it, but I think it'll be a blast of a wedding. (As long as the weather holds up and there isn't TOO much smoke!)

On that note, I just want everyone to know that everyone and anyone is invited to the reception/after party thingy we are having! So here is your formal invite if you didn't already get one!




You can just print these little puppies off and BAM you are invited :) Now I thought I would share one of the biggest stresses so far about this wedding. The dress. In fact, the place I got my final dress from asked ME if I would write my story and post it on their website for all to see! I feel like I'm one of those every day blog posters slash the ones with a degree in English! Because.. well... let's all be honest. I am definitely one of the worst when it comes to writing, spelling and grammer. I am just glad Austin doesn't read my blog because he would go through with a red pen and give me a big fat F.

So in this post I'm giving to the grand people of Sweetheart Bridal I left out a few minor details. So in this here blog I will give you the FULL run down of it all! Aren't you just so darn lucky?

While trying to find my perfect dress I had a little bit of a struggle. It didn't take long to find one that I really loved, the only problem, the price tag. It wasn't an outrageous price but it was a little too high for my liking. I had brought my cousin Brooke with me and she told me of a friend who found her dress in a store, then went online and found it for about half the price. It took some time but I found my dress from the actual designer. I then put in the dress model number into google and found quite a few sites that had the dress.

As I was looking around I found the cheapest one. It had the exact same picture from the real site but that didn't really strike me as odd. I showed my mom and we were extatic to find it! We went ahead and quickly made the purchase. Plus super rushed delivery for only 25 bucks! After the purchase was made it came up with a little Visa security confirmation box. Then it said I was paying 2,482.11 CNY. I quickly googled it and found out that it was chinese money. I thought to myself, "ohh boyy!" I called my mom and was a little freaked out. I have purchased things from China before that were not bad products but CLEARLY fake.


Trust me, I know it isn't attractive on this person. In fact, its not attractive on me. But thats because it isn't the same :)
 The designer that makes the dress is in the UK so I justified that just because it was from China it wouldn't be any different. We had rushed the delivery and it was supposed to be to my house within 10-15 days. So I waited.. I had never recieved a tracking number so I had no way of knowing when it'd come. My mom e-mailed them and they said not to worry they would get it shipped out. Another week went by and still the dress hadn't been shipped and they said it would get here soon. Another week.. and another... then FINALLY the dress showed up. I was so excited and quickly tried it on.

The dress was... different. It wasn't as flattering. It still fit me pretty well, but somehow.. this was NOT my dress. We couldn't figure it out. So we grabbed the picture of me in MY dress and come to find out, it was very different. My dress had cute little cap sleeves. This dress had HUGGEE sleeves that was not tight fitting to my arm. It flared out under my armpit and my dad mentioned it was just my drip edge for when I started sweating. It was sooo heavy compared to the first one! The torso and back were pleated and mine was solid in the back and just a tiny bit of gathering in the front. I was devastated. My mom and both grandmas are very good sewers so my mother assured me we would fix it. As we started taking the dress apart we found out how it was really made. It was made up of not only one big piece of fabric, not even just two... but THREE!? My mom soon became very impatient and frustrated. They fixed the sleeve and the front but there was no way to fix the back. Since it was made of so many pieces it just really wouldn't fit back together without just putting it back the way it was. I was on the verge of tears telling my mom I hated it still and she decided she quit. That made everything worse! She couldn't QUIT on me! What dress would I wear?! I only had THREE WEEKS TILL MY WEDDING!

She told me we could go borrow a dress from one of my cousins. (What girl really wants to borrow a dress? Especially when they just had their own?) So I was against that. She showed me the dress in a picture and it was a ballgown. I hated ballgowns! She told me we could go shopping again and I told her if we couldn't find one that I would borrow one. We both agreed to that.

We found this little bridal shop called Sweetheart Bridal. We went inside and were quickly helped. It had a nice personal feel to it, not just a bridal store with 15 different brides inside already going through a factory line. The man in charge helped me look in my sizes but I was skeptical I'd find one I liked better than my first dress. So I picked one, my sister in law picked one and he picked one. We went back to the changing room and put on the first dress. Even just in the mirror, I LOVED this dress. I went out and my moms face told me that she loved it as well. I stood on the stool and admired it. I didn't even want to try on the others.
Finally after taking pictures I tried the other ones on. I didn't feel the need to even come out and show these ones because they weren't near as good. So I put the first one back on and admired it some more. Now THIS was my dress. We decided we wanted to go look at a few more places. Every place we went to, I looked at a few, but didn't pull any to try on. We went to about three more places and everywhere was the same. So my mom decided we had better go and buy it. I was beyond excited. Even more than the very first dress I found. This dress is my dress! A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders! (Literally!)

(This is the extra that I left out.)

The dress needed to be altered a little so instead of fixing it.. I got a boob job! JK. But really its like the same thing. I got the bombshell from Vickies and it literally makes me like a double D. Quite spectacular if you ask me.

So we went home and had a friend come over and see if she could hem the bottom. While she was looking at the dress a couple family friends were on their evening walk. My mom practically chased them down and told them to come in and look at it. After talking for a bit my mom and one of the ladies gets this weird look on their face. She told me that this dress, is in fact, her daughters very dress. The dress that is trying to get sold for a third of the price we bought it for. The same dress that her daughter tried on earlier that day and couldn't wear anymore. The EXACT dress that had already been FIXED!

At this point I think my mom is in complete shock. She just gives me this look like she is constipated slash going to roll over and die. (It was quite frightening.) She looks at the reciept and this is when I think she did IN FACT die. It said "NO REFUNDS ON ANY DRESS. NO MATTER WHAT! EVEN IF YOU ARE THE PRESIDENTS DAUGHTER OR ANGELINA JOLIE!" Something to that effect.

Anyways... this story is dragging on. Long story short. She talked them into letting us return the dress but I had to write this story and put it on their blog. So I guess that I'm not that amazing of a writer that they'd ask me to do it. Although, we could just pretend. :)

ALSO! Don't forget to come! The after party is just a huge dance! So come play. It'll be fun I promise.


1 comment:

  1. hahaha! Morgan you are so entertaining! I love you and I am so happy you found the perfect dress! You are awesome and I am so happy everything worked out! Have a happy wedding day! :)

    ReplyDelete