Wednesday, April 11, 2012

ENGAGED!!

EVERYONE! I am engaged to the amazing Austin Douglas Davis!!
Here is the story!


Aren't we precious?

Saturday March 31, 2012
So, Aust was coming up to visit Saturday March 31. He was scheduled to be here after I got off work at 8. While he was driving I came up with the BEST idea ever! To get married! He obviously agreed. We were going to go to Walmart get a cheap ring and pull an amazing April fools prank! When he got here we met up with Bub and headed to Walmart. We found the perfect ring and decided that to pull this prank off we would have to set it all up that night, carry it over till the next day and then tell everyone April fools. We got to my parents around 9:30 PM. We all walked in and I wasn't really sure how this was going to go. We were giggling and being super awk. I just kept putting my hand up on the counter so my mom could see it, but I didn't want to bring it up. She was NOT paying attention. So Aust went up the the bathroom and left Bub and I alone. Her back was turned to us and we started giggling. She turned back around and asked what was going on. We quickly said nothing and then she saw it. The moment she saw it I hurried and put my hand down by my side and hid behind the counter. She looked at me with the most scary look I've ever been given by her and she says, "Let me see it." Then I acted dumb and just laughed then showed it to her and she was shocked and well, ticked off. For the rest of the night her and my dad bombarded us with questions and statements like:

"Austin, what are you doing with your life and how can you provide for my daughter."
"How, when, where WHAT! Just happened!?"
"I would have really appreciated it if you would have come asked me for my daughters hand first."
"Is this an April fools prank?" "No." "I wish is was." (with complete seriousness in her eyes.)

Brett thinking this was hilarious and enjoying the completely awkward moments we were going through just laughed, made jokes and added his two cents every couple minutes. Finally it just came to a point where we couldn't take it anymore. So we grabbed out pizza and headed out for the night.

Sunday April 1, 2012
Austin and I walk through the door and there is a family from my home ward over for dinner. Great, this was going to be really difficult to tell everyone the truth. We run downstairs first thing to hang out with Brett and Tanya. We were just on the computer goofing off when we hear, "DINNER IS READY!" So we mosey on upstairs and my mom turns to me and says, "Well, are you going to tell everyone?" I couldn't take it and I busted up and told Aust to tell. He wouldn't so of course Brett asks if he can. He says, "EVERYONE. Can I have your attention. We have an announcement. "Morgan and Austin are NOT getting married! APRIL FOOLS!" The looks on my parents faces. Priceless. Everyone was laughing so hard except for my mom and dad. I thought they were going to kill me. Well in fact my mom did come over and try to punch me. It was the best April fools prank I've ever pulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment