Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dilation

I go to the eye doctor about once a year. 
Every year I get a brand new set of contacts that I commit myself to.
I tell myself I AM going to start wearing these every day.
Last year, I stuck with my contacts for about a WHOLE month. (It's a record)
Then, they start giving me headaches and drying my eyes out so I quit and become blind all over again. 
(I can still see pretty darn good without contacts, just not enough to legally drive)


This visit at the eye doctor was pretty standard. Go in, read the random letters.. Think that 5 is S pretty normal business. Answer all the better one or better two questions and get the numbing drops so they can check my eye pressure, (favorite part, never knew that's what it was) Then I'm seeing the actual doctor and I'm out of there! 

On the way out, they asked me if I they dilated my eyes. I said no and didn't grab the handy plastic sunglasses. Big mistake. They DID in fact dilate my eyes. I walked outside into the BLAZING bright sun... and I could see nothing. Except I am too proud to walk back inside and say, "JUST KIDDING! I do need those hideous glasses." So, I decided my house wasn't that far, I have been driving the streets of Price America for many years now, I could just squint and I'd be good. Nope. I tried everything to make it easier to see. I put my hands over my face and just peeked through. I ducked down as far as I could. I hid behind the visor. Nothing was making this easier. After the worst 10 minutes of my driving life I made it safely home. 

Next time, I am just going to grab the dumb things no matter what. I advice you to do the same.  


No comments:

Post a Comment